Monday, August 1, 2011

"Priority" vs "Option"

"Don't make somebody a priority if they only make you an option." I have been thinking on this quote a lot over the last couple of weeks. What does one do with a relationship in which you are only a "option" especially... if you would like to be a "priority"? Or better yet... if you were once a "priority" and now you are only a "option"? Oh the questions that must come to mind in such a scenario.

My first thought is that God made us a "priority" when we weren't even considering Him an "option". Where would we be if He hadn't? ... I wonder what a person who considered me an "option" would do if I went above that and made them a "priority"? Would love win out as it did with God and me or how long would it take for my enthusiasm with the relationship to fizzle and for my "priority" to become the "option" I am to them?

I am so glad God's love for us is perfect. We will always be His "priority" no matter if He is only an "option" to us. I praise Him for that perfect love and pray that I see those that put me as a "priority" in the same light they see me and that I continue to love those, with the love God has shown me, that see me as only an "option".

May Love win out in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment